What is the OPIRG Community Research Project?
The OPIRG Community Research Project serves to assist students and community groups wishing to conduct research related to social, economic, and environmental justice. This program will not only fund research but will also provide mentoring before, during, and after, offering support in areas such as writing research proposals, acquiring research skills, conducting ethical research, as well as disseminating research results to the community. OPIRG-Ottawa will be accepting proposals from both students and community groups, and
- matching students with community group proposals;
- finding community groups for students to work with depending on their research interests/proposals; OR
- funding community group research projects which either don’t need student researchers or which have already identified their student researcher.
Requirements and application deadlines
Requirements for Students:
- Be undergraduate or graduate University of Ottawa students
- Be willing to work in collaboration with and take direction from one or more community groups
Requirements for Organizations:
- Be located in the National Capital Region
- Be grassroots or non-profit organizations
- Have a mandate oriented towards social, economic, and/or environmental justice
Application deadlines: Applications can be submitted at any time.
Part of the uOttawa community since 1978.
Impliqué dans la communauté de l'UOttawa depuis 1978
85 University 215 D University Centre /
85, rue Université 215 D au Centre Universitaire.
Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5
613-562-5800 Ext: / Poste : 4359/4500
OPIRG-GRIPO © 2017 -Designed by Marcelo S-V
Subscribe to our Newsletter