The nomination period to become a candidate for OPIRG’s board elections was extended to Wednesday, March 27th at 5 PM.
The nomination form can be found at this link: https://opirg-gripo.ca/wp-content/uploads/Nomination-Form-English-2019.pdf
We are also posting “Frequently Asked Questions” about the board nomination process:
- Where do I submit my application?
In person at UCU 215 D from 10 am to 5 pm from Monday to Friday, or contact us at gripocampus (a) gmail.com or 613-562-5800 ext 4359 for accommodation outside regular hours.
- How do I find the OPIRG office?
Our office can be found on the second floor of the UCU, past the Terminus, and in the 215 study space.
- What should I write in my platform statement and how long should it be?
The platform statement is recommended to include:
- Who you are
- What interests you in getting involved with OPIRG
- Any relevant experience to OPIRG and its causes
- Any skills you wish to improve with OPIRG
- Any portfolios that may interest you (can be found in the constitution at opirg-gripo.ca)
The recommended length for platform statements is 250-500 words or more if desired.